Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

My life is grand. Yes, that's how I'm starting out my blog post today. Also, I absolutely love Eleanor Roosevelt because she always has quotes about how I am feeling. I CANNOT WAIT TO GO TO DC! To taste experiences! But more on that later.

So I had my interview last Thursday with the people at the Federal Judicial Center. They were so so so nice, and totally reminded me of my current work environment. They treat their interns like temporary employees meaning I won't be given a lot of menial work. Right after my interview, I went to Zumba and missed a call from them. I couldn't reach them but on Friday, I received an email extending me a contingent offer (they cannot give me a formal notice because they are still interviewing other applicants for their multiple internships). After talking with my director, I have decided to take it! I am so excited! This place seems like the perfect start to jumpstart my career as a lawyer!!! It is going to be a great internship! Also it now means I can be less stressed about my life. Basically, I am one happy girl. :)

Here is where I'll be working  (approximately a mile from the Capitol/Library of Congress):

Onto more current events. This past weekend was really fun. On Friday, Marisa and I ended up going on a roommate date to Sports Authority and then we also went to Target. So that was super fun! Saturday was spent writing papers (I had two due yesterday). Also, Madison called me and we got to chat about life and it was so great! I really miss her and it's crazy that I won't see her next semester because I'll be in D.C.  Marisa and I went to black light Zumba Saturday night. Yeah, you read that right. It was so much fun! (And we burned off a lot of calories in the meantime, so that was awesome!) Then we got the crazy idea to P90X Yoga (which in case you didn't know is about an hour and a half. Also Marisa had already run a 5k earlier. She's a boss!)

Sunday was spent at church where we had an awesome lesson in marriage prep. (As an aside to all my non-Mormon friends, this class is not required. I chose to go. Please don't judge me.) Then Marisa, Linds and I got really really hyper and I realized I am going to miss these girls so so so much next semester! Yesterday was also super busy but fun. In my Humanities class, we basically just watched TV and movie clips because we are learning about film. Then our ward FHE was to the pumpkin patch/corn maze. It was so fun minus the fact that the corn was shorter than I was and I didn't have the opportunity to take a picture with a pig. (You win some, you lose some!) After some poor pre-thinking, Linds, Marisa and I went to Red Robin and all ordered turkey burgers. They are the best. But really. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Lindsey, me, and Marisa outside Hee Haw Farms!
Children of the corn. 
Surprise hay ride!
Surprise hay ride! (part two)
Their best farmer impersonations. 
Red Robin! (yum!)
Linds and I being totally precious!
Anyways, so my life is super great. Today was busy but I just came back from getting burritos at a new place with Michal. It was great to see her outside of work! We also happened to see an attractive man in a sweater. So that's a bonus. In my prep class for D.C. today we only talked about things revolving around D.C. like how to get there, places to go, what our housing will be like. Apparently we are living in Downtown D.C. right in the action. Also members of the church (he used President Uchtdorf as an example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) come and visit/stay where we are living. It's also the area for institute for basically the D.C. area. WHAT?!?!  AND within walking distance are restaurants with Ethiopian, Greek and authentic Italian food. Does life get better? That's just awesome sauce. After attending class, and landing an internship, I feel so blessed to be a part of this program. IT IS GOING TO BE SO GREAT! Sometimes I still cannot believe this is happening. My hard work has finally paid off. 

Also, in case anyone forgot, I'm going to New York. In two days. Like this time two days from now, I will be almost ready to go to the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already planned my two needed destinations: Monk's cafe  (from Seinfeld) and Serendipity. I cannot wait to finally consume a frozen hot chocolate. 

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment