Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd

Um wow. I just love life! I love this quote because it reminds me that in order to have a better experience in life, I need to go out and experience life and take opportunities! And my oh my there are so many great opportunities! But more on that later!

This weekend went by WAY too quickly for me. My roommate Marisa and I and a few people from our ward went to a haunted house. Although in a more sketchy environment than last year (i.e. a warehouse) I didn't really feel as if it was that scary. My favorite part is when you walk on this vertigo part where you're trying to walk but it feels like you're spinning. So much fun! We then all headed to Denny's for some delicious unhealthy food in the middle of the night #collegelife. It ended up being way fun. 

Saturday was spent recuperating from my life. I've had headaches every day for 10 days straight and after being at the Haunted House, I developed a really nasty migraine so on Saturday I went to my Relief Society breakfast and then sat and watched Taylor Swift's Speak Now Tour DVD. Yeah. Embarrassing, but nonetheless true. I sat in my sweats in my bed for approximately two hours straight. Saturday night we had a ward activity where we ate food and carved pumpkins! It was super delightful, but mostly because I had some really awesome people talk to me! :)

Monday was a funky day. It was so busy but so much fun! Taylor Swift's new CD came out and I absolutely love love love love love love (times an infinity zillion) it. I listened to it all day at work. I then heard this song:

And I heard these lines: 
"I just want to get to know you better now...

All I know is a simple name, everything has changed
All I know is we held the door
You'll be mine and I'll be yours
All I know since yesterday is everything has changed"
I just love this! Because I feel it's very applicable to my life. Especially the "I just want to get to know you better" because I met this great guy who seems awesome AND he opened the door for me a couple of times. So I'll keep you posted on that because I'm going to try and work that up! Also I, like Berg, really want to be friends with Taylor Swift because I honestly think she and I would be best friends!

Anyways, Monday was what I refer to a D day. Basically it means that EVERYTHING reminded me of one of my old friends and it kind of made me sad because I miss all my memories I had with them in high school a lot! But it was all cured because after surviving 11 hours on campus, Jess, Berg, and I went to Target and picked up the deluxe version of Taylor's CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We drove home blaring the song "22" and singing out the window. It was divine and much needed after a long day! It was one of those moments that made me really happy I have friends who love T Swizzle as much as I do!


Yesterday was one of the best days!!!!!!! Work went by quickly and I had the chance to yet again tell Michal about my feelings. haha Today they revolved around this quote:

"Don’t you hate that? You’re like I just want to get over you, I just want you out of my life. And as soon as you stop thinking about them, they’ll send you a text message or they’ll call you ‘cause they know you just stopped thinking about them. It’s like a radar."- Lauren Conrad

 It's really quite irritating trying to get over someone when they randomly do things like this. Anyways, it was a great conversation and Michal is just the best!

My zumba class just rocked yesterday!!!!!!!! Seriously. I loved every single song. My spanish class rocked as well. I then went to my two hour Washington D.C. prep class and again fell in love with how I am going to D.C. I AM SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It also helps that Berg posts a song about D.C. EVERY DAY on my wall on Facebook) 

Basically, my life is great. I got my ballot yesterday in the mail and I had the opportunity to vote for the first time! It is so exciting to vote for the first time especially when you'll be in D.C. when the president is inaugurated. I called my Omi to tell her all about my exciting life and she told me she and my papa are coming to Utah next week so I'll get to see them! HOW EXCITING! 

So let's just recap:
Taylor Swift's CD came out on Monday. I have my interview for the Federal Judicial Center tomorrow. And then I have two tests and two papers to complete before Thursday afternoon. Then I get to hang out with my grandparents. Then I fly to New York/Princeton for my conference. Then the next week President Uchtdorf comes. And then a few weeks after that I am headed to D.C. COULD MY LIFE GET ANY BETTER?!?! I really do not think it could. I am so so so so thankful for everybody who is excited/supportive of me. You're the best. Life is the best. 

Right now Michal and I are blaring Christmas music because it's cold outside. Also, happy two months until Christmas Eve! "I'm living the dream and I know it!" (to quote one of my favorite Demi Lovato's songs!) 

I voted for the first time today!
I bought a cheese ball. And ate some of it. WHAT?
Me, Jess and Berg buying Taylor Swift's CD at Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment