Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Real love still happens sometimes. It's not just something we make up when you're nine. I have to believe that. You do too...No matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That's why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS.”- Taylor Swift

So recently I came to a conclusion: true love exists. This may or may not have stemmed from Taylor Swift's quote above and/or her new song. I have this tendency to be really really cynical about all things related to love. Like I'm the girl who loves the ending to 500 Days of Summer because they don't get together. (Also I LOVE that girl he meets is named Autumn) It gives me hope. Even though let's be honest. They are totally cute:


As a random side note, why the heck are these two not dating?? Seriously.

But I have a secret: the phrase "True Love Exists" is always my mantra when I am doing yoga breathing. Every time I am cynical, I look down at my ring (it's two hearts entwined) and remember that Joseph Smith once wrote to Emma, “My heart is entwined around yours forever and ever.” People fall in love. And stay in love. Happily. 

Last night I begrudgingly went to FHE at my bishop's. However, it turned out that my roomie Marisa gave a boss lesson about the importance of the temple (and it wasn't just great because of the President Uchtdorf quotes she used!) . Anyways, then I heard my bishop talk about his sealing to his wife. He said that he had married above himself and that he was privileged to have the honor of being trusted with one of Heavenly Father's daughters. He then talked about how he always opens the door for her and how he is more in love with her than the day he married her. If that's not true love, I honestly don't know what is.

So this is my declaration to the world: TRUE LOVE EXISTS. You have to believe it does, or else life is boring!

Also I just happen to adore T-Swizzle's new song "Begin Again." You should listen. And love love love.
 "You pulled my chair out and helped me in, and you don't know how nice that is but I do.

And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid.
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny cause he never did.
I've been spending the last eight months thinking  
all love ever does is break, and burn, and end

But on a Wednesday, in a cafe...I watched it begin again."



2 comments:

  1. Love this... and think it's pretty amazing that we both call Taylor Swift 'T-Swizzle'. haha. True love does exist... You will find it!

    ReplyDelete