Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

"One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years." -Tom Wolfe

Have you ever had the best day of your life? I mean those days where you wake up and the sunshine is just fabulous and you walk up the hill and you’re not even out of breath? And the rest of the day continues that way? And you ride on the elevator with a gorgeous black man who is like 7' and he talks to you? And you feel like singing “Confidence” from Sound of Music and jumping around swinging your guitar? (As a side note, I really do wish I was Julie Andrews. Hence why is my grandma in my celebrity family tree. And yes, I do have one of those. Lauren Graham and Colin Firth are my parents in case you were wondering)

Well I have. That day was yesterday.  Let me just tell you what happened (besides the things I already mentioned!) I AM GOING TO NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since I was around 15 (the year I believe I started watching Seinfeld consistently with my dad), I have wanted to go to New York. I want to do it all! I want go see a play on Broadway, see this restaurant:
Which honestly, if you don't recognize that it's the restaurant from Seinfeld, I don't know why we're friends. 

And I have always, always wanted to have a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 ever since I saw the movie Serendipity (which you better believe I will be watching right before I go). Look at how cute the restaurant looks!!

 Yeah, I'm going there in oh 49 days. No big. It's not like a huge dream come true or anything!

Anyways, let me explain. I am going to that conference in Princeton and we will be flying in the night before the conference starts (Thursday, November 1st) and our conference doesn’t start until Friday evening! SO I WILL BE IN NEW YORK! (I really could care less that I won’t be there that long because this is a dream people!) We leave on Sunday night which means I will also have time on Sunday. HUZZAH!

Also as another random side note, yesterday I took those “twenty seconds of amazing courage,” and I talked to a new guy in our ward who is cute.  So yeah. I am awesome. I would give you details because I don't know if he'll eventually end up reading this! :) 

In addition to all these great exciting things, I have finally found a study abroad-esque program I want to do- the Washington Seminar. Basically what happens is you intern for someone in a government office in WASHINGTON D.C. and you also have school. It's almost the same price as living in Provo for a semester. But you live in Washington, you’re paid and you get to go on day trip to places I have always wanted to go like Gettsburg and Philadelphia! HUZZAH! So I don’t know what more to say, but I am going to research this bad boy up and get it going because wouldn’t that be so spectacular? Can’t you just picture me in my power outfit, working for a senator or something? Because that would be utterly fantastic.

Anyways, many of my dreams are literally coming true and I am so excited about it! (Also, I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had in around 3 years last night. Probably because I was so happy).

I am going to make a playlist with songs all about New York which starts off with this bad boy: 
"New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothin' you can't do.Now you're in New York.These streets will make you feel brand new.Big lights will inspire you.Let's hear it for New York, New York!" 

Which reminds me of an embarrassing story. One time Mason and I were jamming in our nice black Honda Civic to this song and I roll down the window and sing "Hallelujah!" because I didn't know it said "Now we're in New York." If you listen to this, please validate me that it kind of sounds like... 

Life is good. Life is happy. And more importantly, God is good! Love ya all! 


Look at how pretty this is!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. We shouldn't be friends I guess. :( I've never seen Seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete