Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Sometimes there's stuff that don't work out, but please tell me what there's to complain about?... oh this has gotta be a good life!"

So the title of my blog comes from a song called "Good Life," which is literally all about how life is great. And it is.
The past week has been fully of excellent awesomeness. On Monday, I finally got the chance to donate blood! Which of course I absolutely love doing! I got to the Wilk (the student center here) and was sooo pumped to  finally have my blood taken from me haha. And I totally got this WAY attractive (and not married according to the left-hand glance!) guy who talked to me the whole time. And as we were flirting, I realized this guy must have just learned how to do this because he had to put the needle in twice. So here I am, flirting away and my blood stops coming out. So he's trying to figure out why and eventually he just had to take it out. And so I make my way to the snack table, slightly disappointed that I don't get to talk to him when I suddenly feel really warm and dizzy. And apparently I looked way sick because he comes over and gallantly (yes, I did just use the word gallantly for a real-life experience and not a dream of mine) says "Kelsey, are you ok?" To which I responded something along the lines, "Uh not really..." So my little knight in a medical lab coat leads me over to a chair, helps me sit down and recline. And I felt WAY better after that ;) haha so that was a good day minus the HUGE bruise I have now.

Tuesday was somewhat boring until that night. But on Tuesday I did get the chance of hearing quite possibly the best pick-up line ever! "Is your name 'Virture?' Because you've been garnishing my thoughts unceasingly!" (Sadly, this was NOT used on me, but that's totally ok). Tuesday night I found myself randomly at Zuppa's with Madison, her roomate and Sam. They serve paninis there, but you know my aversion to cheese. So I asked the guy "I know this might sound really dumb but can I have it without cheese?" And luckily, he was very chill about it and tried to pretend they got that request all the time. And then, this really awesome girl named Liz invited me to watch the premiere of Glee at her apartment because she has a tv! It was soo fun to finally get to know people from my ward! (And watch Glee!)

Wednesday was pretty busy, but I really got a kick out of my Anthropology teacher talking about the "Triumph of the Nerds," which was a video we watched about Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.  I also went and visited Katy Carney to see her apartment. (I want to try and live there next year!) I got to see her way cute engagement ring, plus it was nice to be around a Carney!The only other random thing I remember about Wednesday was Michal, my co-worker, made the most delicious cream cheese brownies. Seriously, it was like love on a plate!

Thursday was a great day! You know why? BONES PREMIERED!!! Work was super busy and I didn't get to see Michal like all day! (Which is really weird because we work 20 hours a week with eachother. I did NOT like this!) And then I studied for my Human Biology test which I took and it was WAY easy. (Now that I say that, I'm going to get an F!) I then decided to watch He's Just Not That Into You, which happens to be one of my favorite movies because one of the main characters totally reminds me of myself. So I ate ice-cream and had a chick-flick afternoon!(Thanks Casey for letting me borrow it!) Anyways, I coerced Carrie Ford (who was in my stake back home) into letting me come over to watch Bones! (ok, coerced is the wrong word. She was totally ok with it lol) So I got to watch Bones while it premiered which was uber exciting!!

Friday was awesome!! First off, we got catered food randomly for breakfast. It was also great because I wrote another sonnet which was pretty good if I say so myself!( I'll post those tomorrow) And then I went home and watched Bones again and The Office. I then had labs from 3-5 (seriously sometimes I hate being a freshman. Labs until 5 on a Friday? NOT cool!) And then I went to our first ward activity. Which was soooooo much fun! We had different stations where we made root beer, s'mores, and rock salt ice cream. Music was blasted the whole time and we got pizza. It was really fun! Afterwards my roomates and I and two of our FHE brothers went to the Helaman Halls dance.... which was kinda lame so we left.

Saturday was awesome as well. I got a lot of work done and stumbled upon my new favorite quote courtesy of President Uchtdorf: "It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop." I LOVE THIS! It is soo true! I then went to the football game where this time I was dressed in capris and NOT my way cute Buckle jeans. (It was still so freakin' hot. Stupid Utah desert!) And we lost. So Sam, Jezelle and I decided to leave and eat chicken at Sam's! Jezelle and I both live in Wyview which is supposed to be 'on-campus' housing but is like a mile away! So we were going to take the bus home... but apparently the last bus comes at 7:45 so with groceries that we had just gotten from the Creamery on Ninth, we walked all the way home. (Don't worry, we made it fun!)

Today was good so far as well. I'm the ward bulletin person, so I made a very beautiful bulletin, copied and folded every single one by myself. (I know, I'm amazing!) And then we got the very awkward, once-a-year "Chastity" lesson. Which involved diagrams. And VERY clear lines drawn! (Who knew French kissing was not on the "acceptable before you're married" side?) Anyways, I did some homework and ate a beautiful chicken pot pie while talking to the best person in Ohio right now, Kelly. ("I think I might have a mild concussion. But I'm always kind of proud of myself when I get hurt." Yes, that is a direct quote. Which is why Cassie and I have to keep her in shape!)

Anyways, I am LOVING it here. This Friday my favorite Californian Clarissa is coming to visit and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! I am soo pumped to see her.


My favorite quotes of these past two weeks? " My dad just spelled my name wrong!" (This was said by my co-worker Michal. It was soo funny because like an hour ago she was talking about how bad spelling ran in the family!) And my absolute favorite, also courtesty of Michal and I. "What exactly is a silver fox?"- Michal "Well you know. An attractive old man with grey hair... like President Uchtdorf. And yes, I did just use an apostle to explain what a silver fox is!"- me. We had a great laugh over that.

So, this post has been super long and boring. Sorry about that. But I love life. I love BYU and it's crazy rules about not being allowed to touch trees. Really, this is "gotta be a good life!"

1 comment:

  1. First of all, this was the best post ever! And not only because I was mentioned in it (although that is one of the reasons). I love how I felt all smart because I already knew about your Sunday(not like that's creepy or anything). Bones, especially the season premier, should make every blog because it is so awesome. Your "little knight in a medical lab coat" made me think of a person if Booth and Hodgins became one.
    I look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete