Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

"The clouds opened and God said, 'I hate you Alfalfa..."

When they said that line in Little Rascals, they made a mistake by inserting the name Alfalfa instead of Kelsey! Just kidding, life hasn't been that bad.

Ever since my birthday (August 10 in case you forgot!) I've been sick. I've had this horrendous cough that makes me sound like a dying goat choking on a piece of cheese. (ironic, because i HATE cheese, but I feel like that's exactly the sound I make when I'm hacking up a lung!) So I went to the doctor finally last Monday, but they basically laughed at me and gave me cough syrup. And strong allergy pills. And a bill. Because that's exactly what I need... I still have my cough. I haven't eaten breakfast or dinner in like a zillion years and I haven't worked out in a trilion years either! So I basically feel like crap!!

But now onto a funny/embarassing awful moment of my life. So I decided to go to the New Student Orientation because being the undernourished college student I am, I decided to go get a free burger. It was fun, but WAY packed. And I pretty much hate crowds, so I left deciding to take a 'short cut.' Well anybody who knows me knows that I have no sense of direction and got lost back in Littleton. So this 'short cut' of mine led me about a mile away from where I wanted to be. So I, freaking out because it's getting dark and I have work in the morning, call my dad. Who doesn't answer. So I call the home phone and beg Mason to tell him to call me. And thankfully, he does. I embarassingly have to tell him that I'm by the Taco Bell we had eaten at the previous week. And through the miracles of Google maps, he guides me home. And how thankful am I for that! So yay for dads ALWAYS being there for you.

This past weekend, I got to go home!!! Which was seriously the best birthday present ever! I got home, said hello to my parents, and then straight to Daniel Scott's house and hung for a little bit. I also got to go to an adoption party and hang out with Lacey and Cassie, where I finally got to taste the yumminess of Yogurtland. And, I got to spill my guts out to Clarissa!! On Saturday I got a mani/pedi and haircut with my mom and sister! (Yes, the lady doing my nails did NOT know English!)  Then I hung out with Sofia and got more fro yo at a place called Pink Berry which was delicious as well. I then hung out with Danny at his house and got an unexpected visitor. (Nothing more will be disclosed about this at this time!) Anyways, I also hung out with Katie for her goodbye party and gorged myself with ice cream. And then I ended my Saturday the way I had previously before I came here-watching a movie (Star Trek) in Danny's basement. Sunday was reserved family time even though church took up three hours and I left at 3. But, I got to eat my favorite meal (Ranch Chicken complete with my mom's potato salad which is seriously Heaven on earth and ranch bread!) But then, it was time to come 'home.' :( It was actually uber sad to leave again!!

On Monday, I started classes. I LOVE all of my classes. I'm taking American Heritage, Book of Mormon, Church History, Anthropology, and Human Biology (which is seriously easier than honors bio so far!) Anyways, even though I'm sick, I'm doing well. College life is busy with work and class, but I always find time to hang out with the best roomate ever, Sam.

Best things about this week? Well, coconut dum dums, reading Mockingjay, seeing a guy wearing a "that's what she said shirt' on campus ("the horror, the horror" yes that was a Heart of Darkness reference!) (I didn't think anybody at BYU would watch The Office), sending my dad a picture of a "I heart BYU pin" telling him it was his Christmas present, complaining to my mom and her listening NO MATTER WHAT! (I love my parents. I really do!), and my favorite quote of the week: "I started counting calories yesterday. But it was WAY too much work, so I just stopped after dinner."

So, life is great in reality (minus the whole sick thing!). The first football game is on Saturday, and I will be there, fully decked out in Cougar pride gear! I love it here! Yay for an awesome mormon-centered college! :)

2 comments: