Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.... to press onto to the greater achievements of the future." -Christian D. Larson

So the title of this post comes from this "Optimist Creed":

“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time t
o the improvement of yourself
that you have no time t
o criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”

― Christian D. LarsonYour Forces and How to Use Them

I LOVE THIS so much that I printed it out so I could read it every day. Could this be any better? This is the new mantra of my life. I could go on, but let's get to my life already: 


  • Emma Smith. I just re-watched the Emma Smith movie for the bazillionth time and remembered how much I LOVE her. She went through so many personal tragedies and still stuck to her faith. Before Joseph went to Carthage, he told her to write a blessing and he would sign it. The blessing said, in part, “That I may be able to comprehend the designs of God when revealed through his servants without doubting.  To honor and respect my husband as my head and by acting in unison with him retain the place which God has given me by his side.  To perform all the work I covenanted to perform in the Spirit World.  I desire that whatever may be my lot through life, I may be enabled to acknowledge the hand of God in all things.” Um wow? Yeah, I just want to be able to have her positive attitude and her sass. Actually, I just want to be her and have a marriage like her and Joseph's. People always question me on this because a. he was never home and b. he made no money, but I just think to myself, even if they didn't have a lot of time in this life, they'll make up for it in the next and their marriage was beautiful here, so who cares? 


  • Sunday dinner. So Sunday was pretty good because I got to talk to my Omi about her cruise and both of my parents... and I found out that Mason will be getting his mission call. So all exciting things. But after all the excitement, I was sitting by myself about to watching 24. #loser Luckily my roommate Mary Elizabeth saw my lonesome self and invited me to dinner at her house. It was really fun and I got to eat the best pie ever! :)

  • Boss Women Unite. I've recently come to the conclusion that all I really want to do is help people, especially women, become more confident in themselves. So I've started not only my BWU book with quotes and speech ideas, but also a Pinterest page (located here) so I can actually make this happen. I've also recently become obsessed with Tony Robbin's books/speeches (thanks dad for sharing the book with me!) and Ted talks because they're so inspirational.  And when people are like "Hmm why would you want to form another organization for women?" I just say:
    (This may or may not be the photo on my new iPad case)

  • Services/Nutella/Linds. Last night was the epitome of a college night and it was great. Marisa and Skyped Lindsey in Thailand and it was great to be 'reunited.' I can't wait for that girl to get back and tell me about her boss adventures. Marisa and I bought Nutella (for the first time in over six months) and may or may not have gotten really hyper... Luckily our roommates came home and we put that energy into 'service.' (Can't go into specifics, but let's just say it involved hearts and boys). Anyways, after that we got our roommates hooked on personality quizzes. (We stayed up until 11:30 doing like 80 of them in a row). It was one of those nights that can only happen in college and it made me realize that I'm going to miss all this in a year. 


  • HILLARY CLINTON GOT A REAL LIFE TWITTER. And her first tweet/picture referenced Texts From Hillary. And she mentions pantsuits and her hair. It's so sassy and hilarious and I love it so much to the point that I got a twitter.... #sorry not sorry


And I was all:
"I'M GOING TO TWEET HILLZ UNTIL SHE TWEETS ME BACK."#obsessed

I also got the best tweet ever from my girl Alyse: 
So yeah, you could say that I am loving twitter right now. #sexytaryofstate
  • Quarter-life crisis. The other day Marisa and I almost yolo'd it and went to a European country. It's been a rough fefw days especially because we LIVE IN PROVO. I've been feeling something lacking because I just want to go out and do crazy awesome things. Guys, I've been looking into joining the Peace Corp. So we'll just leave it at that...Because let's be honest. Who wouldn't want to drop everything and go to...

England
Italy 
Victoria Falls in Africa 
Yeah, I want to go everywhere. Right. Now. But I'm also really happy that I get to enjoy my time in Provo for a little bit more before I come an adult. 

And the best part of my life ? Taylor Swift's new music video:
It is actually the most precious thing I've seen in awhile. Peace and blessings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment