Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."- Will Rogers

I saw this quote and fell in love with it! I saw something on my friend Jess' wall that said "Dreams don't work unless you do," and I thought about how true that is! To get anywhere in life, you gotta work and you have to be off the fence! (That's pretty philosophical if I say so). I am a pretty black and white person, so I love NOT being on the fence ever about things. These two quotes are perfect because I am about to start my JUNIOR year of college (since when did THAT happen?!?!), I needed motivation to keep on keeping on and I have now found it. The last couple days of summer were so much fun. My roomies from last year, Linds and Marisa, and my best friend Madison, all got here on Thursday night so we spent time catching up on life and just having a blast. 

On Friday, a bunch of the secretaries from our building went to go get snow cones to celebrate our last day of full-time work. Friday night was spent watching probably the worst movie I have seen since The Box movie with James Marsden (which is saying something because I happen to love him so much). In case you were wondering to which movie I am referring, Madagascar 3. So trippy (as in at one point King Julian meets the pope (what?). But whatever, it still ended up fun.

For my last day of Summer (aka yesterday), I went on a shopping excursion with Berg and Jess to find our perfect first day outfits. Can I just say I LOVE being with these girls? Because I do! It was way fun and we all ended up finding our perfect outfits. Then Madison and I went on our last girl date for FOUR months!! (She leaves for Jerusalem on Tuesday.) We had a grand ole time just discussing lots of life events and such and it was really fun. I will really miss her but I am so totally excited for her that it counteracts any sadness. Afterwards, I went to Red Robin with a bunch of my summer ward friends and even inadvertenly tried to convince my friend Race to not go to the temple so he could come (#badmormon). Dinner was fun and then it was off to hot tubbing at Mitchell's (My old FHE brother/Madison's boyfriend) new apartment. It turns out everybody else had the same idea though because it was packed! We ended up just dipping our feet in the pool (cue High School Musical 2 music) and reminiscing about all of our good fall/winter times. To top off my last night of summer, we all sat and ate Graham Crackers and Nutella- the perfect way to end the best summer thus far. 

Anyways, I love my new apartment most especially because we have a washer and dryer!!!!!!!!!!! In our apartment. Huzzah! I went to my new ward today and I already love the bishopbric and I can just tell this year is going to be a great one! I am so excited to start my new adventure. 

And here is a random side note: Given the fact that I absolutely love memoir titles, I decided I would now come up with memoir titles for each stage of my life. This being said, I would say Spring/Summer of this year would be entitled "Just Jump: Stories About Facing my Fears." This Summer I did so many things I did not think I was capable of: snorkeling, going on dates, befriending new people, rock climbing, bouldering, staying up past my bedtime,etc. and it made me a WAY better person and helped me expand my horizons. Life truly does start at the end of your comfort zone.

Anyways, I am still striving to follow my goals I outlined here so I can make the last four months of the year great. I have also added a new goal: to continue being more positive. Living with the girls I did last summer made me increasingly more happy and more positive even in situations that might have made me really sad. So here's to a more positive lifestyle:  
Absolute favorite new quote and I love the picture/context. 
Roomie date to Awful Waffle!
All of us secretaries getting snow cones. 
Madison with the door handle at Burger King. 
Here's to round three of BYU. I just know it will be the best year yet with Linds, Marisa and Alex (my new roommate!) Also, my favorite guy from high school AKA Daniel Scott has finally graced Provo with his presence so I am pretty sure this year is going to be EPIC! Love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment